How I got my computer to shutdown via Tasker
I thought it was pretty neat, and I guess Reddit did too. By the time I awoke in the morning, I had several messages asking "How does the sleep app work?".
After several days of procrastination, school work, and more excuses, I managed to get something that I could release.
TaskerSlave. This ugly sumbich will allow you to receive HTTP GETS and run a command following the request. For example.
This will lock the desktop when the TaskerSlave's very minimal http server receives the request for the
Now, I get that this is not exclusive for Tasker. Thanks! I know. But plans in the future may change it so that it can only be used for tasker. However, as of now, simple http gets.
So how do I get this magic?
Well, let me tell you!
- Download Tasker for android
- Download TaskerSlave for windows/mac/linux.
- Open TaskerSlave, you should see 3 prebuilt commands.
Shutdown. Add all the commands you want.
- In tasker, go to the tasks tab.
- Click ‘+’ and click ‘Net’ and then click ‘HTTP Get’.
- In the Server:Port box, enter
- In the Path box, enter your url for the command you would like this task to execute. Ex.
If you have any problems (and you just might)/want a new feature please report a bug/feature here